Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park: A Guidebook for Photographers and Nature Lovers
‘Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park: A Guidebook for Photographers & Nature Lovers’ is the first eBook of my new series of photographic guidebooks.
These Photography Guidebooks aims at all kind of visitors to the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park in South Africa & Botswana. Be it a professional photographer or a keen beginner. Not only is the guide a valuable information source to photographers but also for keen naturalist, the nature lover or the visitors who want to make the most of their time in the Kalahari. My Photographic Guidebooks are designed in such a way that you can easily use them on many types of digital devices like cell phones, tablets or notebooks. It will be available as a PDF download.
Over the past years I spend more than 800 days in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park photographing its mood and spirit of this magical place. In addition, I worked for several years on my Diploma and PhD Thesis in animal ecology inside the Park and on surrounding farmland. During this time I developed a profound knowledge and feeling for this stunning region and its animals and plants. Every year I’m coming back to my ‘2nd home’ for at least 4 weeks to enjoy this beautiful place. With this new series of photographic guidebooks I try to make your stay as pleasant and successful as possible.
In the waterhole sections you find the following information’s:
- The heart of the Kgalagadi guidebook forms the waterhole and the road section. In both you find sketches of every waterhole and the road section between those.
- A sketch of the setup of the waterhole with all relevant structures (e.g. trees, shrubs, road, water tank …)
- A panorama images of the waterhole
- Direction of sunrise & sunse
- Distance between road & waterhole
- Which animals can you expect at the waterhole
- Additional comments (e.g. where to park …)
- GPS Coordinates
And in the road sections you find:
- A sketch of the road set up
- Images from both sides of the road
- Direction from where the morning sun comes from
- How good can you see/photograph into the riverbed as the main focal area of animal activity (are you driving inside the riverbed, close by or away of it)
- Which animals can you expect along the road
- Additional comments (e.g. interesting landscape area, trees with owls, where can you find Wild Cats, where can you take a silhouette …)
- GPS Coordinates
The other sections of the Photographic Guidebook cover the following topics:
- Guide to the common animals & plants of the Kalahari
- Photographic Tips (e.g. panning, silhouettes, use of flash …)
- Gear Tips (e.g. lenses, window mounts, bean bag …)
- Recommended Game Drive routes for morning & afternoon drives
- General Information’s (e.g. Accommodation, Seasons, Climate, Food, Road Conditions …)
The ‘Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park: A Guidebook for Photographers & Nature Lovers’ will be available soon.
I offer a special introductory price for preorders (Discount of 15%):
- Southern Africa: 211.00 ZAR/N$
- Europa: 13.59€
After the guidebook is published it costs:
- Southern Africa: 249.00 ZAR/N$
- Europa: 15.99€