After the announcement of the Canon EOS 1DX Mark II the question arises what does it mean for the replacement of the current Canon 5D – the EOS 5D Mark IV.
Based on the 1DX II Canon Rumours (http://www.canonrumors.com/what-will-the-eos-5d-mark-iv-bring-to-the-table/) posted some specs they expect to be in the new 5D model:
– 28MP: I would be happy with that, 30 or 32MP wouldn’t be to shabby either.
– 9fps: already a significant increase, but I’m hoping for 10fps like in the 7D II
– 61AF point system: l guess it will be more or less identical to the 1DX II. If the AF points are spread over a larger area similar to the 7D II l would be very happy.
– CFast & SD card slots: I really hope Canon decides to integrate a CFast slot into the 5D IV – that would be fantastic – no more worries about slowed down frame rate due to a full buffer (in the 1DX II up to 170 RAWs in one go :-))
– Touchscreen: not on top of my wish list
– build in GPS & WIFI: Would love to have WIFI (e.g. remote control).
This camera body would come close to my dream body – a realistic one (more on my dream body & lens in a future post). Let’s wait & see what Canon comes up with.
When you subscribe to the blog, we will send you an e-mail when there are new updates on the site so you wouldn't miss them.